Questions to ask when purchasing a dental plan
American consumers have a number of good dental plan companies to choose from. However, not all dental plan companies are the same. Here are some good questions to ask when purchasing an affordable family dental plan:
1) How many years has the company been in business? The number of years that a company has been doing business will affect the size of the provider networks as well as give you confidence in the service.
2) Is the company a member of the NADP (National Association of Dental Plans)?
3) What other consumer protection organizations does the plan belong to?
4) Is there an 800 customer service number to call for information?
5) Is there a wide choice of dental providers in my area?
6) Are dental maintenance organizations used or does the company have its own proprietary network of dentists?
7) What procedures are covered by the dental plan and what are the savings? Is there an available fee schedule that can be printed out?
8) Are there any value added services available such as a prescription card or discounts on vision care and chiropractic?
Why AmeriPlan Dental?
If you are one of the 7 out of 10 Americans who do not have a dental plan and have put off having needed dental work because you cannot find an affordable dental plan, look no further than AmeriPlan Dental. AmeriPlan has been in business for 16 years and has over 30,000 dental providers in 44 different states. Visit my website at:
Ameriplan is a proud member of the National Association of Dental Plans, the Consumer Health Alliance, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the Direct Selling Association, and Dun & Bradstreet. Some of our company providers include CVS, Walgreens, J C Penney, Sears, Lenscrafters, and many others.
At the AmeriPlan corporate offices, over 250 people are employed just for customer service. So if you need information on a provider or have any questions or concerns, you will always find a friendly customer service representative by calling our customer service 800 number. A full schedule of dental procedures and fees is available upon request and will also be included in your membership packet.
An important feature of the AmeriPlan Dental Plus program are the value added services. Not only will you save up to 80% on all dental services, but you can also save money on both generic and brand name medications with our convenient prescription card, save money at the chiropractor, and save money on contact lenses, eye exams, eyewear, and even lasik eye surgery with AmeriPlan Dental.